From the Office of the Chief Information Officer:
Enterprise Security is launching a new BuckeyePass service to safeguard university employees. On May 15, BuckeyePass will begin protecting PeopleSoft Finance, PeopleSoft eMaterials and the OCIO-managed Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Those who have access to these systems you must register at buckeyepass.osu.edu.
How do I use BuckeyePass?
You can use BuckeyePass in a number of ways. Choose the authentication method that is most convenient for you. We encourage you to set up multiple methods.
- Duo Mobile on a smartphone or tablet – Installing Duo Mobile on your device will give you two ways to authenticate. When you try to log in to a system protected by BuckeyePass, it will push an authentication request to the Duo Mobile application on your device. Once you approve the request, you will be admitted to the system. You may also generate a code from Duo Mobile and input it to the BuckeyePass login page.
- Passcodes via text message – You will receive 10 passcodes via a single text message. One passcode will be used each time you log in to the system. You will need to request a subsequent text after all 10 passcodes are used.
- Callback via landline phone – Duo will generate an automated phone call to approve your access to the system.
- Hard token – Hard tokens will only be permitted for those who can demonstrate a valid business justification. The process can take 8 to 14 days to complete, so please contact the IT Service Desk immediately if you require a token.
How will my VPN access change?
The new BuckeyePass service will be replacing the current RSA tokens used to access the OCIO-managed Cisco AnyConnect VPN (vpn.service.osu.edu) for the OSUnet-SECURE and EDM-Access groups. After May 15, you will not be able to gain access to the OCIO VPN unless you have registered for BuckeyePass. Please register, then review the instructions for connecting to the OCIO VPN with BuckeyePass at ocio.osu.edu/KB05047.
Can I get help?
Yes! Enterprise Security representatives will be available to provide in-person support during the following times:
- Friday, May 13
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Office of Research Facility, 1960 Kenny Road, Room 113
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – BuckeyeBar at Tech Hub, 2059 Millikin Road
You may also review the answers to frequently asked BuckeyePass questions provided at ocio.osu.edu/KB05037.
If you have additional questions, please contact the IT Service Desk at 614-688-4357 (HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an RSA token from OSU Wexner Medical Center or Student Life?
Non-OCIO RSA tokens will remain in use “as is” for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and the Office of Student Life. Ohio State Wexner Medical Center faculty and staff can look for additional communications from OSUWMC IT on how this affects you.