PI Portal issues related to the Workday migration
Posted by Jody Austin on 16 February 2021 12:40 PM
Updated: October 18, 2021
The following are known PI Portal issues related to the Workday migration:
- Expenditure data is off due to issues related to Capital Equipment (NewsLink article - https://it.osu.edu/news/2021/09/02/research-reporting-updates).
- F&A Commitments on Subawards with a value greater than zero may be incorrect for roughly 200 grants.
- Development of Month-end financial statements (eMEFS) has been temporarily put on hold. We're looking into Workday alternatives till eMEFS becomes available.
Award/Documents: (Resolved 6/24/21)
- Some attachments coming from Workday are not showing.
Award/Financials: (Resolved 3/26/21)
- Check images are not yet available
Award/Grants: (Resolved 3/8/21)
- Total amounts may not be accurate as we work on correcting the Life to Date financial amounts for grants.
- Fund ‘FD830 Investment in Plant Fund’ has been counted as a cost-share expense and needs to be ignored. (Resolved 7/22)
- Total Expended and Committed amounts are not counting the following 2 Object classes: 4000 Tuition and Fees and 4100 Trainee/Fellow Tuition (Resolved 5/19)
- Third Party costs are not getting displayed. (Resolved 5/11)
- Some Object classes are incorrectly showing $0 expense amount which do not have budgeted amount setup in the award plan line. (resolved 4/9)
- Incomplete converted Expense data (from PeopleSoft) is causing lower/incorrect amounts across all Object classes. (resolved 3/31)
- Amounts may not be accurate as we work on correcting the Life to Date financial amounts for grants. (Resolved 3/8)
- F&A Committed amount is not available. (resolved 3/4)
Grant/Commitments: (Resolved 10/13/21)
- Since July 1st, commitment data has been missing or incorrect for over 1000 grants. This is related to processes in Workday that did not roll forward open Purchase Orders to the new fiscal year. (Newslink article - https://it.osu.edu/news/2021/08/20/previous-fiscal-year-purchase-orders.)
Grant/Payroll: (Resolved 10/5/21)
- Tuition and Fee encumbrances are not showing in the payroll detail and the Financial Summary overview page. (resolved 10/5)
- Fringe benefits are not showing for accounts like ‘50600:Supplemental Pay Not Subject to Retirement Salaries’ when they are tied to object class ‘8000 Unallocated’. (Resolved 5/27)
- Supplemental and student pay under ‘8000 Unallocated’ Object class are not getting displayed. (resolved 4/21)
- Tuition and Fees expenses are currently showing under 'Expenditure view which needs to be moved to the 'Payroll' view. (Resolved 3/15)
To report additional issues, please email email@example.com with the following information:
1) Action you were performing
2) Issue you encountered or error message
3) A screenshot of the error message and/or the PI Portal page where you are experiencing the issue.
4) If applicable, a screenshot of results in Workday.
We thank you for your feedback and appreciate your patience while we work with the Workday support team to address these issues.
Read more »
Office of Research Workday Maintenance Schedule December 2020
Posted by Jody Austin on 09 December 2020 08:58 AM
Read more »
Successful Strategies for Working Remotely
Posted by Aaron Jenkins on 12 March 2020 01:28 PM
Considering the recent events, ORIS wanted to take this opportunity to share with everyone strategies for working remotely and can be used at any time when you are working from any location other than our offices.
Work at Home Toolkit
General university work-at-home instructions can also be found on https://keepworking.osu.edu. We will provide links to the most relevant information for OR, regardless of source, directly within the Office of Research Work at Home Tools resources - and will keep updating the site as new information becomes available.
General Practices When Working Remote
Continue to be Inclusive
We may be operating in conditions where most people are on campus, and a few are remote. Also, the opposite may occur. Be sure to include virtual attendance options for all meetings. Don't inadvertently exclude people from attendance when they are remote.
Also, there is always someone with a camera that doesn't work or a broken microphone. If someone is struggling, help them out. If you are the one struggling, don't be afraid to ask for assistance.
Working remotely creates significant barriers in nonverbal communication.
Don't let the distance get in the way of communication.
Don't stop having meetings
Don't forget to "go home."
Conversely, don't' forget to "come to work."
Read more »
CISCO VPN access will end November 30
Posted by Jody Austin on 21 November 2019 04:00 PM
To improve security, CISCO AnyConnect clients will be disabled from accessing the Office of Research VPN on November 29th, and the Global Protect VPN client will be needed to access the OR servers. The Global Protect client was installed on OR issued equipment earlier this year.
Non OR issued and personal equipment will still need to follow the instructions posted at https://orhelp.osu.edu/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/195/4/New-ORVPN-for-PC-or-MAC.
After install, you will be prompted for the server address to connect. The server address is or-gpg.rf.ohio-state.edu. Next, you will be prompted for your name.# and current OSU password. Once entered, a DUO authentication push will be sent to your phone. Your BuckeyePass account will need to be set up for push notifications to connect. If not, please contact the OR helpdesk for further instructions. After successful authentication, you will have access to the OR network.
Read more »
New ORIS Laptop Reservation Policy
Posted by Jody Austin on 05 September 2019 01:22 PM
ORIS currently has 5 laptops which OR staff may borrow. Laptops can be reserved for a maximum of 3 days after which they may be reserved again if available. If a laptop is needed for longer than 3 days, you can ask for special consideration. (Director approval may be required.)
Instructions for reserving a laptop:
1) Send an email to OR Help Desk. Include the following
a. Dates needed - If needed for more than 3 days, list reason.
b. Pickup time - Be sure to schedule extra time at pickup as you will need to login to the laptop before taking it.
c. Additional software needed
d. Where the laptop will be used. (IE: in house, on campus, off campus)
2) If the laptop will be used off campus, ORIS will send you a docusign form. Once the form is signed, your reservation is confirmed.
3) When you pick up the laptop, the OR Help Desk will set up the laptop so you can log in.
4) If you need to renew the laptop, contact the OR Help Desk. If the laptop is available, we will extend your reservation.
Read more »