About Office 365
Posted by Jody Austin on 20 April 2021 04:24 PM
Office 365 refers to a group of software and service subscriptions offered by Microsoft. The Office 365 license provides current Ohio State students and employees with access to Office 365 ProPlus services, including:
· The ability to download and locally install Microsoft Office applications on up to five (5) computers
· One (1) terabyte of cloud storage through OneDrive for Business
· Online versions of the Office applications
· Mobile applications where you can access, edit, and view Office documents on mobile devices
· Regular access to the latest software updates.
Office 365 also includes other productivity services that are enabled over the internet (cloud services).
Active employees who attempt to install Office 365 ProPlus will be prompted for an Office 365 login. Employees must use their email@example.com and Ohio State password.
After installation, Microsoft will verify the Office 365 account in the background. Users will also be prompted to re-authenticate their license every time their Ohio State password changes and also at other various timeframes. Failure to do so will result in the installed software reverting to "read-only" status, and the user will lose access to OneDrive and mobile applications.
User training on Office applications can be found on Microsoft’s website.