Before you try this method, you need to keep in mind that the drive connection would drop if you are disconnected from the internet or reboot the computer. Below mentioned are the steps that you will have to follow.
- Go to Finder and press Command + K. This will bring up the “Connect to Server” window.
- Now you can enter the path to the specific network drive that you want to connect to. For example, you can enter smb://fileserver.rf.ohio-state.edu/[drive name] and select the Connect button.
- Enter your lastname.# and password
- To make sure the drive reconnects if you reboot the computer, follow these next steps:
- Go to the Apple logo at the top left of your screen
- Click on System Preferences
- Go to Users & Groups
- Click on your username and then click Login Items
- Click the "+" symbol to add a new item
- Find your added network drive under "Locations" and click Add