VPN - Installing Global Protect for PC or MAC
Posted by Matthew Reynolds on 09 April 2019 02:41 PM
- Open a web browser and type https://or-gpg.rf.ohio-state.edu/global-protect/login.esp
- Enter your Ohio State name.# and password. Accept the push from Duo login on your mobile device. (See note below if your BuckeyePass account is set up for calls or passcode)
- Select the download that matches your system
Windows: if you unsure which Windows version you have, you can follow the instructions here to find out.
Mac: there is only one option to pick
- Once the download is complete, allow the Global Protect Setup Wizard to run. When prompted, choose defaults and click Next. (You may also be prompted to supply your administrator username and password.)
- When the setup has complete, you will see a window in the lower right-hand corner. At the please enter your portal address prompt, type in: or-prelogon-gpg.rf.ohio-state.edu
- When prompted, type in your Ohio State name.# and password again (no need to enter an @osu.edu at the end of your username). Accept the push from Duo login on your mobile device. (See note below if your BuckeyePass account is set up for calls or passcode)
- A welcome message will appear. After reading the message, you may close it.
- You will then have access to the OR VPN.
- Global protect default DUO notification is "Push" notifications. If your BuckeyePass account is set up for calls or passcode, you will need to follow the instructions to authenticate:
- In the password box: enter your password, add a comma (,) after your password and the command (phone, passcode).
- For phone callback: type in your password,phone - Example - j3rry$h0me,phone.
- For passcode; request a passcode from Duo, then type in your password, passcode. Example - j3rrysh0me,123456
- When connecting from a personal computer (non-Ohio State owned), you will ONLY be able to use Microsoft Remote Desktop to access a computer that IS Ohio State owned.