VPN - Installing Global Protect for iPad
Posted by Jody Austin on 09 April 2019 12:29 PM
Installation and Configuration of Global Protect
- Launch the App Store app on your iPad. Search for Global Protect or click Global Protect and install
- At Enter Portal Address type or-gpg.rf.ohio-state.edu
- You will see a message to Add VPN Configurations. Accept to proceed.
- When prompted for login/password information, enter your Ohio State name.# and password. Accept the push from Duo login on your mobile device.
(Note: If you prefer to use a passcode or phone callback options, you may do so. After entering your password add a comma and the command. For example, if you prefer phone callback type in your password,phone. [j3rry$h0me,phone] If you prefer to enter a passcode, request a passcode from Duo then type in your password,the passcode. [j3rrysh0me,123456])
- When complete, you will use the Global Protect Portal to access the OR VPN.
For Use with Remote Desktop
If you would like to use this in conjunction with Remote Desktop, you can install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the App Store.
- After opening the app, click on the + on the upper right.
- At Enter PC Name, type in your work computer name.
- At User Account, type in your Ohio State name.# and password
- Touch Accept to begin.